Cannot Find ManageTodayScreenItem.dll

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:12 AM
Hi all
I am relatively new to the world of TodayScreen Plugins.
In order to get started i read the Chriss' article on creating Managed Today Screen Plugins. I have downloaded the ManagedTodayScrenItem-src-Alpha2 and ManagedTodayScreenItem-Alpha2 zip files from CodePlex.
The problem that i am facing is that i am not able to find the ManagedTodayScreenItem.dll in any of the folders downloaded..

In order to solve this problem i opened the C:\ManagedTodayScrenItem-src-Alpha2\ManagedTodayScreenItem\Src\Framework\ManagedTodayScreenItem.sln file in Visual Studio 2008.
I tried to build the solution in VS but it failed with following errors :

Error    1    fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?    c:\ManagedTodayScrenItem-src-Alpha2\ManagedTodayScreenItem\Src\Framework\ManagedTodayScreenItem\ManagedTodayScreenItem.cpp    315    ManagedTodayScreenItem
Error    2    Unable to find source file 'c:\ManagedTodayScrenItem-src-Alpha2\ManagedTodayScreenItem\Src\Framework\ManagedTodayScreenItem\Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK (ARMV4I)\Debug\ManagedTodayScreenItem.dll' for file 'ManagedTodayScreenItem.dll', located in '%InstallDir%', the file may be absent or locked.    C:\ManagedTodayScrenItem-src-Alpha2\ManagedTodayScreenItem\Src\Framework\ManagedTodayScreenItemCab\ManagedTodayScreenItemCab.vddproj    ManagedTodayScreenItemCab

Any help and Pointers will be appreciated as this is quite urgent......

Thanks
hrishi18pathak

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:12 AM
You probably just miss the using line at the top of your code file.

using ChrisTec.WindowsMobile.TodayScreen;

try this and let me know.
Jan 7, 2009 at 3:01 PM
Can someone show me or upload a sample with vs2k8 VB.NET CF 2.0

thanks
Feb 5, 2009 at 2:59 PM
i'm also trying to compile in VS2008 with no success. Can anyone upload a working VS2008 solution?
Feb 10, 2009 at 7:45 AM
Hi,

I uploaded a very simple test project (28 k). Details in this link.

http://cid-308f2ac83382c09e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/TodayTest.zip

Hope this helps,

Ans Vlug

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:02 AM
Thanks ansvlug! This compiles fine but how can i run this sample in the mobile device? Do i have to add some registry keys? Can i deploy directly to the device?
Feb 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM
Hi!

You're welcome :-)

No, you cannot. The Alpha2-release is a zipfile: http://www.codeplex.com/ManagedTodayScreen/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=10947 (download the non-src version, the upper one). It contains a file called ChrisTec.WindowsMobile.TodayScreen-Framework.CAB. Copy that to your mobile device, locate it with the file explorer (the ".CAB"-part may not be visible) and click it. This will install the framework.

Now your device will contain a folder \Program Files\Managed Today Screen Framework (the "Program Files"-part may be different if you mobile device isn't English), which, among others, contains a file called "ManagedTodayScreenItemHost.exe". In this folder copy the dll that is generated by your Today Screen Item project.

Restart your device.

Kind regards,
Ans Vlug.
Jun 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Hello!

This is an awesome thing, but I can't get it to work.
Could someone please post a Visual Basic .NET sample?

All samples I've found are C# and I don't know it >_<''

Regards,
Izaac